Ann Arbor Museums
Learn about insects, molluscs, birds, reptiles, amphibians, fishes and mammals at the University of Michigan Museum of Zoology. The museum's collection includes roughly 15 million specimens.
This museum offers many great exhibits, ranging from Palaeontology, Zoology, Anthropology and Astronomy. Located in the museum is a Planetarium, which offers many different shows. The cost for the planetarium is $3.00 for adults and $2.00 for children 12 and under. Exhibits are constantly changing.
The African American Cultural and Historical Museum of Washtenaw County aims to collect and display documents and artifacts that reflect the contributions of African Americans in Washtenaw County. The museum also sponsors regular events, exhibits and programs.
The Washtenaw County Historical Society Museum on Main Street was once a private 1830s home. Today the building houses a number of historic artifacts that relate the history of the area.
Featuring a collection of nearly 100,000 archeological artifacts from Mediterranean civilizations, the University of Michigan's Kelsey Museum of Archaeology is an ideal place for the history buff. The museum features two permanent galleries and a gallery with changing exhibitions.
The Ann Arbor Hands-On Museum is an interactive science and technology museum that features over 250 hands-on exhibits. The museum is open Tuesday thru Saturday, 10am to 5pm, Sunday, noon to 5pm.
The University of Michigan's Sindecuse Museum of Dentistry is housed within the School of Dentistry and is one of the only museums in the world dedicated to preserving dental history. The museum features over 10,000 artifacts that depict the changes in dental technology from the 1700s to the 1960s.
Kempf House Center for Local History
The Kempf House Center for Local History commemorates Ann Arbor's early history and demonstrates how a German-American family lived and worked in the 1890s. Guided tours of the restored rooms are available.
Cobblestone Farm Ann Arbor
The Cobblestone Farm is a living history museum that is located in a restored 1844 cobblestone Classic Revival home. The museum portrays rural living in the 1845 to 1860 period. Visitors enjoy the live animals located at the farm surrounding the museum.